The Thien Mu pagoda, locally known as Linh Mu pagoda, lies on the north bank of the Perfume river, 4km upstream of Hue. It was built in 1601, while the 21m high Phuoc Duyen tower was added in 1844. The Quoc Hoc school was founded in 1896 in order to train those who would serve the feudal colonial government. It consists of a set of red colonial style buildings in a park along the perfume river. The Trang Tien bridge spans the Perfume river and was rebuilt after the Vietnam war.
Page viewed 33056 times since 05.09.2007
©Copyright Alfred Molon