The Fukien Assembly Hall (Phuoc Kien or Phuc Kien Hoi Quan) at 46 Tran Phu Steet was founded in 1690 and served the largest Chinese ethnic group in Hoi An (the Fujian). It contains a temple, the Jinshang golden mountain temple and is dedicated to Thien Hau, the goddess of the sea and protector of the sailors.
01 Gate 02 Jinshang golden mountain temple 03 Jinshang golden mountain temple 04 Roof detail
05 Inner court and temple 06 Painted wall carving 07 Painted wall carving detail 08 Altar and incense spirals
09 Secondary altar 10 Assembly hall with chairs 11 Altar
Page viewed 19859 times since 29.08.2007
©Copyright Alfred Molon