Wat Ratchaburana was built in 1424 by king Borommaracha II to host the ashes of this two elder brothers, Chao Ai Phraya and Chao Yi Phraya, who killed themselves in an elephant duel for supremacy. The temple name means "royal fulfillment". The tall prang of the temple is richly decorated with garudas, nagas and other small images.
Page viewed 11933 times since 16.07.2009
©Copyright Alfred Molon