This square was initially built in the 15th century on land reclaimed from the sea and subsequently expanded in the early 20th century, following the demolition of the city walls of Cadiz in 1906. The square lies in the centre of the old town, between the cathedral and the harbour. Construction of the Town Hall of Cadiz started in 1799 in neoclassical style and was completed in 1861 in Isabelline Gothic style.
©Copyright Alfred Molon
Viewed 1114 times since 18.05.12