The Royal Castle (Zamek Królewski) in Warsaw's old town dates back to the 14th century, when construction began under the Masovian dukes. The castle, built in baroque style, was the official residence of the Polish monarchs. Between 1918 and World War II the palace was the seat of the Polish president. The castle was completely destroyed during WW II and rebuilt after the war.
Page viewed 29826 times since 03.08.2006
©Copyright Alfred Molon