The Ameriha traditional house (also known as "Khan-e Ameriha" or house of the Ameri family) was built during the Zand era (1750-94) by Agha Ameri, the governor of Kashan and one of the country's wealthiest men. The house was rebuilt in the mid 19th century after a series of earthquakes destroyed much of Kashan. It encompasses seven courtyards with a total area of 9000 sqm. At the time of visiting (mid-2011) the house was being restored and converted to a high end hotel.
Page viewed 10905 times since 13.01.12
©Copyright Alfred Molon