The Lalbagh botanical gardens were set up by Haidar Ali, the ruler of Mysore, in 1760. Tipu sultan added a large number of plants and trees from many countries. Currently there are over 1800 species of flora spread on the 97 hectares of the gardens. The gardens are located in the southern part of the Bangalore, about 4 km from Vidhana Soudha and MG Road. Lalbagh is open from 6am to 7pm.
Page viewed 44922 times since 17.11.2008
©Copyright Alfred Molon