The Neue Residenz ("New Residence") was originally the residence of the rulers of Bamberg. The building consists of several wings and is made of sandstone. It was initially built in 1602 by Johann Philipp von Gebsattel in renessaince style. Between 1697 and 1703 the remaining part of the building was added in baroque style. Currently the Neue Residenz hosts a library and an art museum.
Page viewed 11058 times since 04.05.10
©Copyright Alfred Molon