The Monastery of St. Nino at Bodbe (ბოდბის წმინდა ნინოს მონასტერი in Georgian) is located 2km south of Sighnaghi. It hosts the remains of St. Nino, a woman who brought Christianity to Georgia in the 4th century. As such it attracts a large number of visitors and pilgrims every year. The complex consists of a park with cypreses, lawns and flower beds and a number of buildings, of which one is a large basilica. The structures on the compound date back to the 4th century and have been expanded and restored over the centuries. The monastery has a large parking and a restaurant.
Page viewed 1072 times since 19.03.18
©Copyright Alfred Molon