Taiping originated as a mining centre for tin in the first half of the 19th century. Following the discovery of tin deposits, Taiping experienced an influx of Chinese settlers and replaced Kuala Kangsar as the state's capital between 1876 and 1937. Taiping lies 60km northwest of Ipoh. The city has a number of colonial era buildings.

01 Perak museum 02 Perak museum 03 Taiping prison 04 Cemetery 05 All Saints Christian church
06 All Saints Christian church 07 District and land office 08 Orange building 09 Clock tower 10 Shophouses
11 Shophouses 12 Colonial era shophouse building 13 Colonial era shophouse building 14 Colonial era shophouse building 15 Tai Onn coffee shop and hotel 16 Colonial era shophouse building
17 Colonial era shophouse building 18 Christian church
Page viewed 16705 times since 22.11.10
©Copyright Alfred Molon