The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is a covered double arcade formed by two iron-and-glass vaulted arcades intersecting in an octagon at right angles. It connects the Piazza del Duomo and the the Piazza della Scala squares in Milan. Named after Vittorio Emanuele II, the first king of united Italy, it was originally designed in 1861 and built by Giuseppe Mengoni between 1865 and 1877. The Galleria houses elegant shops selling designer goods and restaurants, cafés and bars.

01 Triumphal arch on Duomo square 02 TIM shop 03 Street with mosaic 04 Central area with glass dome 05 Swarovski shop window 06 Street with mosaic
07 Prada shop 08 Street with mosaic 09 Building facade with lamps 10 Rizzoli shop 11 Tods shop 12 Side entrance with arch
Page viewed 17493 times since 04.06.2009
©Copyright Alfred Molon