The Sheikh Lotf Allah mosque (known as Masjed-e Sheikh Lotfollah in Persian) lies on the eastern side of the Naqshejahan square. The facade of the mosque is beautifully decorated. A corridor leads to the amazing main dome chamber, whose walls are covered with beautiful inlaid and polychrome mosaics. The mosque was built between 1615 and 1618. It has no minarets.
Page viewed 5273 times since 12.04.15
©Copyright Alfred Molon