The Zhang Fei temple opposite Yunyang was first built at the end of the Shu-Han dynasty during the Three Kingdoms period (220-280 AD) to commemorate the famous general Zhang Fei of the Shu states. The temple is a famous historical site along the Jiangze River. The original temple was destroyed by a flood in 1870. The present complex is mostly a reconstruction in the late 19th century.

01 Temple facade illuminated with red neon lights at night 02 Temple facade illuminated with red neon lights at night 03 Temple facade illuminated with red neon lights at night 04 Statue of Chinese warrior 05 Statue of Chinese warrior
06 Statues of Chinese warriors 07 Statue of Chinese warrior 08 Wooden wall 09 Tables with Chinese inscriptions
Page viewed 20324 times since 01.07.2007
©Copyright Alfred Molon