The Silver Pagoda lies next to the Royal Palace, only separated by a wall. It is named in this way, because its floor is covered with over 5000 silver tiles weighing 1 Kg each. Initially constructed in 1892 in wood it was rebuilt in 1962. Within the Silver Pagoda compound there are a number of pavilions and stupas dedicated to Cambodian kings.

01 Wat Preah Keo Morokat Buddhist temple 02 Wat Preah Keo Morokat Buddhist temple 03 Decorative column in garden 04 Pavilion with statue of King Norodom 05 Phnom Mondop 06 Stupa of King Ang Doung
07 Stupa of King Ang Doung 08 Stupa of Princess Kantha Bopha 09 Stupa of Princess Kantha Bopha 10 Stupa of King Suramarit and Queen Kossomak 11 Stupa of King Suramarit and Queen Kossomak 12 Couroupita guianensis flower
13 Praying figure gate metal artwork 14 Praying figure gate metal artwork
Page viewed 28026 times since 20.09.2007
©Copyright Alfred Molon